Here are my freelance writing T&C
I like to keep things simple and informal. Because I prefer to work on trust my freelance writing terms and conditions are very basic. Here they are.
- I’ll quote you a fair price up front, as soon as possible after getting your enquiry
- I’ll re-quote you straight away if our project changes shape or size
- I’ll schedule your project in as soon as I have time, usually within two weeks, and I promise to meet the deadlines we set together
- I will never miss a deadline
- My prices include 2 sets of author’s amends. Any more than that and I charge at my hourly rate. Very few clients need one lot of amends and more than one is almost unheard of
- I’ll only invoice you once you’re 100% happy and the project is complete
- If I’m writing regular copy for you, I’ll send an invoice at the end of every month
All I expect in return is courtesy, efficiency and prompt payment.
My Professional Indemnity insurance protects our joint financial interests in case something goes wrong. I’ve had the policy since 2006 and haven’t needed it yet. I’m sure I never will, but it’s good to know it’s there.
To add value and satisfy my love of marketing I include free ad hoc marketing advice as and when it strikes me, no charge. Because I’m experienced enough to know what makes the business world tick, it goes down well with my customers.
Legal and money stuff
- As a Sole Trader I’m responsible for my own tax and National Insurance
- I am not registered for VAT
- I work with clients across the globe, who pay me in UK pounds
- You can pay by PayPal or direct bank transfer
- I expect payment in full within 30 days
If you have any questions, you should find the answer here.
Privacy and cookies – My promise
- Apart from the usual cookies, I don’t collect or keep any of your data while you’re on my site or when you download my ebooks
- I keep your contact details for as long as we work together. Ask me and I’ll be happy to either send you all our files, delete them altogether, or keep them on my machine in case we need them again one day
- If you’re scared of cookies, which are actually perfectly harmless, it’s probably best to click away
- I will keep your copywriting project under my hat. I am always happy to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement but I’m a professional, and you can rely on me to be discreet
- I protect my website’s security to minimise the chance of viruses, hackers and other nasties finding their way in
- Once you’ve paid for your copy, it’s yours. You can do anything you like with it