Google is still the planet’s best-loved search engine. It’s an excellent source of information about your website too. Here are just a few of the things you can find out – and do – with a Google account.
What will a Google account do for me?
- Do keyword research
- Get Google to crawl, verify and authorise your site and applications
- Add a sitemap
- Check Google Analytics for visitor numbers, time spent on-site, bounce rates and loads more vital stuff
- Set up and manage Google AdWords campaigns (Pay Per Click)
- Set up and manage Google AdSense campaigns
- Set up Googlemail webmail addresses
- Create Google blogs (although it’s best to bolt a blog onto your url for SEO purposes)
- Get help if your site gets ‘sandboxed’ or banned
- Get advice about removing viruses from your site if it gets hacked
- Request reconsideration / re-crawl
- Take advantage of Google Webmaster’s SEO services, tools, blog and business solutions
- Go straight to the horse’s mouth and explore Google’s massive help centre if things go weird
- Get involved with Google +1
If you want to give your site a competitive edge, set up an account. You’re worth it!